Discover Ultimate Adventure Spirit by Taking a Mount Meru Trekking Tour
Mount Mero – situated at an elevation of 14,980 feet above the sea level is clearly a magnificent volcanic mountain and an incredible part of the Arusha National Park ecosystem. In fact, the impressive massif of Meru is formed by a large volcano – built itself of viscous magma. However, climbing enthusiasts already reached the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro can take a Mount Meru trekking tour for a new exciting adventure with unparalleled views of the scenic nature.
If you are on a visit to Tanzania for the first time, you need to acclimatize on Mount Meru before going for a trekking at Kilimanjaro. No matter wherever you see, the spectacular peak brings a series of natural environments in Arusha National Park.
Before planning a trekking tour, it’s wise to know about Mount Meru beforehand. Here are some of the important facts discussed below:
Top Important Facts to Know about Mount Meru –
- A Mount Meru trek offers dramatic scenes of the ash cone and volcanic crater. Even, you will get an opportunity for excellent views of Mount Kilimanjaro.
- You will explore the topographic centerpiece of Arusha National Park – the fertile slopes rise above the surrounding savanna.
- Though the mountain is located in Arusha National Park, it gives trekkers the opportunity to see a diverse array of wildlife, including nearly 400 bird species, also monkeys and leopards. While taking exciting walks along Mount Meru, you will see the wild animals at a healthy distance away from you.
- While trekking Mount Meru, you will need to cross tropical forest, rough terrain, volcanic ash and rocks leading the path to the top.
- Mount Meru trekking is highly recommended for optimal acclimatization before taking a Mount Kilimanjaro expedition.
- When you ascend, you will pass from the equator to what feels like the Arctic trekking through grasslands, tropical rainforest, alpine meadows, desert uplands and moorlands to ice and snow.
- You can reach the summit by a narrow, barren ridge – offering striking views of the Ash Cone lying several thousand feet below in the crater.
- If the weather permits, Mount Kilimanjaro can be seen from the west of Meru.
- Reaching at the peak after trekking 4566m/14980ft will be surely a superb achievement as you will conquer the fourth highest mountain in Africa while connecting with serene African nature.
Gears like personal backpack, thick socks used for hiking, waterproof dresses , gloves, water bottles, gaiters, safari style hat, flashlight, camera of course, dried fruit and energy bars, sun block, malaria pills, water purification tablets, inflatable pillows etc. for a good preparation to Hike for Mount Meru. The best time is June to February where it is chill and sunny.
Are you ready for trekking adventure at Mount Meru? It’s time to book your Mount Meru trekking tour with Sunset African Safaris and let us help you discover the awe-inspiring volcanic mountain based on the Arusha ecosystem in a truly African way. We specialize in providing 3 Days Mount Meru Climb tour and 4 Days Climb Mount Meru Arusha itineraries to justify your ultimate adventure spirit with extreme care and personalized attention to every detail. For more information about the Tanzania traveler safari options ! Feel free to stay connected with Sunset African Safaris on Facebook and Twitter social networks!